Tarkett - This is the letter I wrote to Tarket. They responded with IT WAS INSTALLATION ERROR

1 of 21 Tarkett reviews

I started with 30 boxes of the Tarkett coco berry flooring. I was to be covering approximately 500 square foot, upon opening I noticed a lot of chips in the boxes, at the start of the job we found that the angle for the angle tap system was not working correctly, it had to be knocked in with the block, we found sometimes a piece would not fit so we would try three four or five pieces and finally find one that fit, we found ourselves forcing together the entire floor, by doing this we were damaging a lot of pieces and chipping a lot of the face, most of the face of the flooring is not flush with the next piece, a lot of edges sticking up, While fighting with the floor we tried many different approaches we thought maybe it was all the chips in the edges of the pieces so we started making sure we cleaned all that out, this made no difference, we found the only way to get the floor together was to force it, after completing about two-thirds of the floor I realized we wasted a lot of flooring by damaging it, I had someone run to Menards and get four more boxes, when they returned I started mixing in these pieces as the lot numbers were different this is when I found the problem with the flooring, Upon using these new pieces they went together very easy, so I installed all four boxes of this new flooring and it went good, it was like night and day from the bad flooring to the good flooring, all four boxes of the new flooring went together beautiful and are flat and level with each other, I was comparing the flooring with each other and the new flooring was so much cleaner cut than the original flooring, the new flooring also had a different cut to it (see pictures ) all my rooms are Square, I had all the same measurements at the end of the room, I was using all the right tools the block and the pull bar I feel we did everything right, this was not my first time laying a laminate floor, it was the original 30 boxes that were the problem the original purchase had two lot numbers (enclosed). I feel the problem is with the cut of the original flooring, it was a rougher cut and a different cut even the tongue on the tongue and grove system looked smaller with a ragged cut.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Turnaround Time

• What I liked
    • Look
  • What I disliked
    • Bad flooring

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #941265 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Tarkett? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 21 Tarkett reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.