Tarkett - This is the letter I wrote to Tarket. They responded with IT WAS INSTALLATION ERROR
I started with 30 boxes of the Tarkett coco berry flooring. I was to be covering approximately 500 square foot, upon opening I noticed a lot of chips in the boxes, at the start of the job we found that the angle for the angle tap system was not working correctly, it had to be knocked in with the block, we found sometimes a piece would not fit so we would try three four or five pieces and finally find one that fit, we found ourselves forcing together the entire floor, by doing this we were damaging a lot of pieces and chipping a lot of the face, most of the face of the flooring is not flush with the next piece, a lot of edges sticking up, While fighting with the floor we tried many different approaches we thought maybe it was all the chips in the edges of the pieces so we started making sure we cleaned all that out, this made no difference, we found the only way to get the floor together was to force it, after completing about two-thirds of the floor I realized we wasted a lot of flooring by damaging it, I had someone run to Menards and get four more boxes, when they returned I started mixing in these pieces as the lot numbers were different this is when I found the problem with the flooring, Upon using these new pieces they went together very easy, so I installed all four boxes of this new flooring and it went good, it was like night and day from the bad flooring to the good flooring, all four boxes of the new flooring went together beautiful and are flat and level with each other, I was comparing the flooring with each other and the new flooring was so much cleaner cut than the original flooring, the new flooring also had a different cut to it (see pictures ) all my rooms are Square, I had all the same measurements at the end of the room, I was using all the right tools the block and the pull bar I feel we did everything right, this was not my first time laying a laminate floor, it was the original 30 boxes that were the problem the original purchase had two lot numbers (enclosed). I feel the problem is with the cut of the original flooring, it was a rougher cut and a different cut even the tongue on the tongue and grove system looked smaller with a ragged cut.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bad flooring
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I closed on a new construction Pulte home in Phoenix on August 2. On September 8 after morning rain, I discovered an area of 13'out from the patio is..."
- "Flooded basement weekly, sloppy work beyond, constant puddle in garage that I step in daily, because they ignored my request for a drain and 'sloped' the garage, which clearly they..."
- "One of our room has a pungent odor and so we had a mold inspection done. Lo and behold, there are cracks around where the slab meets the wall. Contacted..."
- "A caution to anyone shipping UPS. When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you...."
- "Surprise by hubby purchased me my 1st real life like doll was a huge disappointment & cost way to much-Abby Rose, described as real like, blue eyed baby-has purple eyes,..."
- "proof is everything.. NANCY TAYLOR IS A DISTURBED INDIVIDUAL WHO IS HIDING BEHIND A SMALL CLEANING BUSINESS .... FROM CONFLICTING STATEMENTS IN HER BUSINESS CHARTER TO FALSE & CONFLICTING STATEMENTS..."
- "I am an intertribal police officer that PROTECTS children against predators. In "Adult Chat" I issued a statement to that fact, and VONNIE private messaged me, and kicked me out..."
- "I received my Bruce Campbell Cream of Evil sweatshirt and it's by far the WORST piece of clothing I've ever purchased in my life!!! Graphics are extremely blurry and colors..."
- "I bought a Victoria Secret blanket from a girl named ac96 and She tried to make a lie up and won't refund my money, I want every fine back on..."